Do you want to know the cRaPbOaRd~MaStEr better? Crawl into the depths of his mind. You'll be the judge. Does he make sense or he just post crap? Be entertained, shocked and awe in his antics. Welcome to his CRAZY@SS CHRONICLES!

Friday, February 01, 2008

Asian Extreme Horror

The Jap/Asian Horror movie fad invaded the whole world as the movie "Ringu" triggered the attention of the multitudes of curious souls. (That was deep.) Even before the popularity of the "Ringu", I was an obsessed horror movie patronizer. More gore, more glory for me. Of course I was just pre-occupied on the Western horror movies that really seemed too CLICHÉD because for every western movie i saw before, there is always a group of youngsters (preferably some horny bitches, also a horny jock, some simpleton and a bunch of 2nd bananas) and during or right after some casual sex, the jock dies first {during or after the climax}, leaving the busty bitch clad in some underwear or just running topless (boing! boing! boing!), (why is me pants getting tighter?!) screams for mercy as the monster "slash" killer hacks or severs her head with some sharp appendage, weapon, whatever. Now after getting tired of the usual Western flavor, my attetion was caught by a certain music video which is actually a soundtrack for the movie "Ringu" (if my memory serves me correctly, the music video was "The Hole" by the "Grayhounds"). An' too bad for me, this music video served as a MAJOR SPOILER for the very gist of the "RINGU" horror was part of the music video (it was the scene where Sadako came out of the TV). ...as I see the movie, I never had the chilling factor when Sadako came out...

...so leave me alone... ...I'm bitter... TOINK!

Moving along...

Then every Asian horror flick sprouted like mushrooms on a rotting log after a very rainy day. (Hmmmm... very novel-ish) I can clearly remember those days when I was actually at the peak of getting obsessed on Asian horror; that I tried to make sure that I don't miss a movie shown on theaters or a DVD that was just released. This is to catch up to the exponential rise of this freakin' fad. (What can I do? I WAS obsessed!) That's why I already had a huge collection of AHF (Asian Horror Flicks) on DVDs. Thank Quiapo and Fairview as very reliable sources! It is so large that I already lost count and maybe 3 or 5 copies were lost... However that is not a big dilemma. With a fair broadband connection and an efficient torrent program, I don't have to go further than my PC just to access more AHFs.

So without further ado, I hereby post this list of movies. I must get ready to be stumped.

  • Ringu
  • Ringu 2
  • Ringu 0
  • Rasen (it was merely just skimming rather than watching)
  • The Ring (US, but derived from Asian origin so shut up and read along)
  • The Ring 2 (US)
  • Ju-on
  • Ju-on2
  • Ju-on2 (TV movie/V-cinema version)
  • The Grudge (US)
  • The Grudge 2 (US)
  • Battle Royale
  • Battle Royale 2 (half of the movie only... *sob!* [Neutral] )
  • Double Vision
  • Ryeong (The Ghost)
  • The Eye
  • The Eye2
  • Dumplings (Three Extremes)
  • Shutter
  • One Missed Call
  • One Missed Call 2
  • One Missed Call 3: Final
  • Audition
  • Chaos
  • Premonition
  • Reincarnation
  • Inner Senses
  • Kairo/Pulse
  • Pulse (US, which sucked in comparison to the Asian version)
  • Dark Water (US)
  • Acacia
  • Phone
  • A Tale of Two Sisters
  • Whispering Corridors
  • The Wishing Stairs
  • Infection
  • ABnormal Beauty
  • Doll Master
  • The Sisters
  • Suicide Circle
  • Lady Snowblood: Blizzard for the Netherworld
  • Old Boy
  • Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
  • Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
  • Uzumaki (Again, not Uzumaki Naruto!)
  • Casshern
  • Gozu
  • Guinea Pig 3 : He Never Dies
  • The Red Shoes
  • Zatoichi (2004)
  • Rubber's Lover
  • Azumi
  • Azumi 2
  • Seven Samurai (Very luma)
  • Female Prisoner Series
  • Visitor Q


Let's not forget some good Filipino Horror flicks (yes, Filipinos are Asians, oblivious!):
  • Feng Shui
  • Wag Kang Lilingon (Don't Look Back)
  • Sukob
  • Shake, Rattle & Roll 1 (I only consider the first of the series since it's totally better than those shown today)
=====> as for other Filipino Horror flicks, meh... meh-diocre.

So far that what I can remember i ever watched and liked (semi).

No comments: